Quilt World; 2001 Jan. $2.50 Memento Quilt 14” patchwork pillow-technique usable for baby or bed quilt; Angel Holidays 42 ½” square w/12” blocks “center motif quicl-cut & quick-pieced wall quilt; Snowman Wall Quilt 25 ½” square w/pieced snowmen; *Diana’s Flower Quilt 65 ½” square w/floral prints & 16” center square; *Gathering ‘Round the Christmas Tree 94” x 108” “w/2” yo-yos” quilt; “Welcome” Door-Top Banner w/floral applique; Festivity –Drunkards Path altered 11 ½” square “miniature quilt”.
167. Quilter’s Ultimate Visual Guide; From A to Z-Hundreds of Tips and Techniques for Successful Quiltmaking by Ellen Pahl; Rodale Press; 1997, 188p. The ultimate answer book for quilters-- comprehensive, authoritative, and easy to use. For Perfect Piecing! Every seam is perfect the first time you sew! No more ripping! For Easy Applique! Toothpick trick for smooth curves and crisp points. For More Stitches Per Inch! Discover this amazing hand-stitching secret professional quilters use. Get all the expert advice, all the techniques, all the shortcuts. This book is destined to become a quilter's favorite, most reliable reference book. It covers the latest techniques that quilters crave, like foundation piecing, machine quilting, and rotary cutting. (Hardcover)
167a. Quilter’s World; February 2007; Volume 29, No 1 House of White Birches; Patterns include: Sashed Pinwheels 73” x 73” w/9 ½” blocks or 75 ½” x 21 ½” Foot Warmer; Checkers 46” x 65” w/car racing theme; Instructions for applying fusible bias tape; Celtic Cross 59” x 74”; Twisted Stars 81” x 10” w/12” blocks; Zipper-De-Do-Dah 56” x 56” w/sewing novelty prints; Primarily Posies 26” x 21 ½” little quilt; Window Into Westminster Fibers 40” diameter Quilt; Window on the World 97 ½” x 103” stained glass-window effect using Trip Around the World pattern; Emma’s Crossroads 71 ½” x 89” old-fashioned look quilt; Hearts & Kisses 66” x 83”; Cocktail Party 20” x 22 ½” w/cocktail glasses; Giddy-Up 64” x 74” with child’s hobbyhorse; Circus Time 46” x 58” w/circus print child’s quilt; In the Woods 37” x 17 ¾” table runner w/trees stars, etc. (USPS did some damage to cover & most pages have a ½” tear on right side of page)
168. Quilting Design Treasury by Anne Szalavary; Chitra Publications; 1994, 48p.. By well known quilt designer, Anne Szalavary. Her designs offer you a wealth of ideas and opportunities to make your quilts come alive! Whether you are an advanced or a beginner quilter, flowers, leaves, and sea life are among some of the wonderful designs that can become the crowning touch to your quilt work of art.
1 70a. Quiltmaker; March/April 1997; Issue #54
* Challenging Pattern: *Fancy (Sunbonnet) Sue
. *Fancy Sue with Swag and Rosebud Quilting by Bea
Yurkerwich; 52 ½” square wall quilt or 63 ½” x 93 ½” Twin Comforter
* Easy Pattern: Party Whirl - lively foundation- pieced block design
* Kangaroo Quilt - Cozy lap quilt with that doubles as a pillow
* Challenging Pattern: The Twister - Whirlwind Quilting
* Intermediate Pattern: Tulips - Dutch Silhouette Quilting
* Easy Pattern: Butterfly Sky - Two-patch delight
* Easy Pattern: Winter Rose - Clamshell Quilting
* Intermediate Pattern: Stellar Garden - Lily Bud Quilting with pieced stars
* and more
176. Really Quick Quilts; 6 Fast Theme Quilts by Jae Seelig & Ohma Willette; American School of Needlework, 1995; 17p. Patterns include: Space 19” x 19”; Cats 19 ½” square; School Days 16 ¼” square; Gingerbread Boys 13 ½” square; Roundup! 20 ½” square; & Let It Snow 15 ¾” square.
200. Speed Quilting: projects using rotary cutting & other shortcuts by Cheryl Fall; Sterling Publishing, Co., 1996, 128p. Includes all the basics for rotary cutting, machine piecing, borders, pressing, appliqué hand embroidery, applying piping and other trim, basting the quilt layers, machine quilting techniques, clipping curves & corners, making your own binding, applying the binding, & hanging the quilt. Covers all the Supplies & Tools needed to make your quilt 18 Projects include Village Streets Lap Quilt 40” x 52”; Pansy Patch Wall Hanging 28” square; Squawking Chickens Lap or Wall Quilt 16” x 18”; Scandinavian Woods Quilt 33” square & Runner 17” x 40”; Hungry Mice Quilt 22” x 29” with Placemats 13” x 16” & Napkins 18” square; Briar Rose Lap Quilt 54” square; Garden Lattice Lap Quilt 40” x 46”; Potted Topiary Tree Quilts 15” x 22” or 28” x 22”; Patchwork Angel Wall Hanging 24” x 30”; Fall Leaves Placemats & Napkins; Nine-Patch with Hearts 28” square Quilt & Tote; Yummy Treats Placemat Set; The Buzz of the Bees Wall Hanging 26” square; Spring-on-the-Square 33” square quilt & pillows; Trailing Ivy Placemat & Napkin Set; Desert Nights Lap 50” x 54” Quilt & Pillow; Ocean Breezes 42” x 52” Lap Quilt & Pillow Set; Patriotic Pillows & Placemat Set. Border quilting patterns are also included. (Hardcover-minor shelf wear to paper cover edges)
202. Stringing Along With Vanessa Ann by Trice Boerens; That Patchwork Place; 1995, 96p. Get your scrap bags and make a quilt. String along with Vanessa-Ann to create complex appearing striped blocks, diamonds and triangles by piecing fabrics together. There are 10 different projects in this book with easy to follow instructions.
. 207. Sweet and Simple Baby Quilts by Mary Hickey; 2003, 96p. Short on sewing time? No problem! These adorable quilts are quick enough to finish in time for the baby shower. Simple sewing techniques are perfect for beginners and make extra-easy projects for quilting pros.• Wrap a little one up in love with one of 16 heartwarming baby quilts
216. Thimbleberries New Collection of Classic Quilts: 28 Quilting inspirations for the home by Lynette Jensen; Landaur Books, 2006, 224p. In a special 20-page feature, Lynette shows you how easy it is to make anywhere you live a welcome escape. Whether your home is in the city or the country, experience the joys of weekends all the time with classic quilts that range in size to serve as seasonal accents for small-space decorating, cozy medium-sized throws for couches and chairs, and comfortable sleeping beauties for bedtime bliss. Several of the featured quilts are offered in alternate colorways. With so much variety to choose from, you're sure to find a Thimbleberries quilt from this new collection that's just right for you whether you're a beginner, intermediate, or even a master quilter. 28 classic quilts featuring the best of Thimbleberries enduring quilt patterns and Thimbleberries fabric collections with full-size patterns. Quilting guides for outline, background and design quilting. More than 400 full-color photos and illustrations.
217. Through the Garden Gate by Jean & Valori Wells; C & T Publishers, 1999; 144p. Discover the delightful connections between quilters and their gardens. Includes 11 charming quilt projects, each inspired by a quilter’s garden. A variety of gardens & quilts, including: A cottage garden in the mountains, A quilters’ garden wedding, A folk art garden in the deep woods, An Americana theme in a suburban garden, A captivating garden in the city.
217a. Toppers: Small Quilts to Accent any Décor by Lynda Milligan, Nancy Smith; Possibilities; 1998, 79p. Toppers are small pieced and appliquéd projects to display on couches, beds and tables. Fifteen toppers plus coordinating pillows, easy patchwork quilts, and other small project. Patterns include: Big Square & Reversible Quilts; Moss Rose Topper; North Woods Topper; Northern Neighbors Topper; Kokopelli Topper; Frosty Flannel Topper; Celebration Topper, Banner, Place Mats; Log Cabin Topper; Rolling Star Topper; Throw Pillow General Directions; Frosty Topper; Plaid Posies Topper; Bear’s Paw Topper; Stars & Holly Topper, Table Runner; Scrappy Star Topper; Prairie Tulips Topper & On Cloud Nine Topper.
217b. Toppers 2 by Lynda Milligan, Nancy Smith; Possibilities; 2003, 56p. Fifteen different toppers for a variety of skill levels. Brighten up a room with coordinating quilts and quilted pillowcases. Both pieced and appliquéd projects offer something for all quilters. Full-color photos invite and inspire you to create anew look for your bedroom or brighten up a family room.
218. Twice Quilted Continuous-Line Quilting Designs by Glorianne Cubbage; That Patchwork Place; 2007, 16p.. Quilt it once and it's great - quilt it twice and it's simply grand This book contains 20 pattern sets - 40 designs in all - including classic and themed motifs, such as poinsettias and pine needle for Christmas. Enclosed booklet includes complete instructions on how to trace, transfer, and sew designs. Patterns are great for quilting by hand or machine. (new condition) $15.00
222d. Wildflowers; Designs for Applique & Quilting by Carol Armstrong; C&T Publishing; 1998, 95p. Sew beautiful wildflower gardens using Carol Armstrong's original appliqué patterns. Nature springs to life in quilts, wallhangings, and home decorations as you mix and match twenty-four wildflower patterns to create your own vision of the great outdoors. Instructions are provided for ten projects, with explanations of Carol's methods for light box appliqué, pre-appliqué, and the needle turn stitch. Also included are Carol's innovative techniques for free-form quilting designs that simulate rain, wind, sunlight, rocks, leaves, and other elements found in our natural world. Delicate watercolor illustrations throughout the book highlight the individual flowers. Includes the wildflower patterns: Bleeding Heart, Bloodroot, Blue Flag, Blue Flax, Bunch Berry, Buttercup, California Poppy, Colorado Columbine, Fireweed, Fringed Gentian, Hare Bell, Indian Paintbrush, Lady's Slipper, Lupine, Marsh Marigold, Orange Hawkweed, Ox-Eye Daisy, Shooting Star, Swamp Rose, Trillium, Trout Lily, Violet, Wild Columbine, and Wood Lily.
224. Wild Flowers in Cross Stitsh by Shirley Watts; Merehurst Limited, 1993; 43p. The delicate enchantment of wild flowers has been captured in a delightful set of cross stitch embroideries that will bring a touch of natural beauty to your home. The projects include cushions, pictures, an unusual wild flower sampler, and lovely range of smaller items. Simple diagrams illustrate basic skills and stitches & each project is clearly explained through the making-up stage. Easy-to-follow charts are included.